- What information of yours does ChicaLogic Inc collect?
- What are “cookies” and how does ChicaLogic Inc. use them?
- What organization is collecting the information?
- How does ChicaLogic Inc. use the information?
- With whom does ChicaLogic Inc. share the information that is collected?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- ChicaLogic Inc’s notice regarding the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998
- Updating your personal information and privacy preferences
- Inquiries and Complaints
Contact information for questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
Privacy Site Coordinator/Privacy Compliance
United States of America
- What information of yours does ChicaLogic Inc. collect? The goal of ChicaLogic Inc. is to provide you with the information, services and resources that are most relevant and useful to consumers and professionals interested in our products and those who serve them. To achieve this goal, ChicaLogic Inc. sometimes needs to collect information to understand what differentiates you from its hundreds of thousands of other unique users. We collect two types of information from you: ”anonymous information” and ”personally identifiable information.” Anonymous information refers to information that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. Each time a visitor comes to a ChicaLogic Inc. Website, ChicaLogic Inc. collects some information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. ChicaLogic Inc. also collects aggregate search terms from its search services for internal reporting and targeted content presentation (that is, web pages which are dynamically displayed based on your individual interests). ChicaLogic Inc. collects this user information for purposes of product monitoring, product improvement, and targeted content. In addition to anonymous data, ChicaLogic Inc. may also collect personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and postal address, credit card information, email address, products or services you purchase. ChicaLogic Inc. collects personally identifiable information in the following ways from different parts of its network of web sites. Most of the personal information is gathered when you register with one or several of the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites (often when you use a computer program or other Product or Service for the first time). If you choose to register, you may provide ChicaLogic Inc. with your name, postal address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code and other requested information. While not all of this information may be required, the more information you provide (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. ChicaLogic Inc. may also specifically ask you whether we may send you information about Products and Services related to a ChicaLogic Inc. purchase. ChicaLogic Inc. collects information from commercial transactions, from requests for information on the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites, and from its registration database. ChicaLogic Inc. employs update management software to collect installation and registry information from your computer, including product, version, build, language, and OEM. If you contact ChicaLogic Inc., we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your email address. We use that information so that we may respond to that email, and for future reference.
- What organization is collecting the information? When you provide information to ChicaLogic Inc., that information is collected and maintained either by ChicaLogic Inc. or by an authorized agent of ChicaLogic Inc. such as web hosting companies, customer care service providers, and transaction processing service providers, unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection.
- What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?ChicaLogic Inc. has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data under our control. We have implemented rules and procedures designed to limit access to the information you provide us. Despite the steps we take to ensure the protection of your information, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur. To better protect you, we encrypt particularly sensitive information, such as credit card numbers collected for a commerce transaction (donation) on the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites, prior to transmission. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure, ChicaLogic Inc will do everything commercially reasonable to limit and remedy the disclosure, but ChicaLogic Inc. accepts no liability for any unintentional disclosure. In addition, in the unlikely event that any government or private individual seeks information, ChicaLogic Inc. will not voluntarily provide the information, but will obey any court order requiring disclosure.You are responsible for the security of your ChicaLogic Inc. ID and password. Please take care when using and storing them. ChicaLogic Inc. recommends that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
- ChicaLogic LLC notice regarding the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 provides safeguards to protect children who use the Internet by regulating the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. ChicaLogic Inc. does not sell Products or Services for purchase by children, and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites only in conjunction with your parents or guardians. ChicaLogic Inc. and the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites do not target children as an audience or a market, and ChicaLogic Inc. does not collect information about the age of its web site users. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child we will make all reasonable efforts to delete that data from our records.