- What information of yours does ChicaLogic Inc collect?
- What are “cookies” and how does ChicaLogic Inc. use them?
- What organization is collecting the information?
- How does ChicaLogic Inc. use the information?
- With whom does ChicaLogic Inc. share the information that is collected?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
- ChicaLogic Inc’s notice regarding the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998
- Updating your personal information and privacy preferences
- Inquiries and Complaints
- What information of yours does ChicaLogic Inc. collect?The goal of ChicaLogic Inc. is to provide you with the information, services and resources that are most relevant and useful to consumers and professionals interested in our products and those who serve them. To achieve this goal, ChicaLogic Inc. sometimes needs to collect information to understand what differentiates you from its hundreds of thousands of other unique users. We collect two types of information from you: ”anonymous information” and ”personally identifiable information.”Anonymous information refers to information that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. Each time a visitor comes to a ChicaLogic Inc. Website, ChicaLogic Inc. collects some information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. ChicaLogic Inc. also collects aggregate search terms from its search services for internal reporting and targeted content presentation (that is, web pages which are dynamically displayed based on your individual interests). ChicaLogic Inc. collects this user information for purposes of product monitoring, product improvement, and targeted content.In addition to anonymous data, ChicaLogic Inc. may also collect personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name and postal address, credit card information, email address, products or services you purchase. ChicaLogic Inc. collects personally identifiable information in the following ways from different parts of its network of web sites.Most of the personal information is gathered when you register with one or several of the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites (often when you use a computer program or other Product or Service for the first time). If you choose to register, you may provide ChicaLogic Inc. with your name, postal address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code and other requested information. While not all of this information may be required, the more information you provide (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience.ChicaLogic Inc. may also specifically ask you whether we may send you information about Products and Services related to a ChicaLogic Inc. purchase.ChicaLogic Inc. collects information from commercial transactions, from requests for information on the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites, and from its registration database.
ChicaLogic Inc. employs update management software to collect installation and registry information from your computer, including product, version, build, language, and OEM.
If you contact ChicaLogic Inc., we may keep a record of that correspondence, including your email address. We use that information so that we may respond to that email, and for future reference.
- What organization is collecting the information?When you provide information to ChicaLogic Inc., that information is collected and maintained either by ChicaLogic Inc. or by an authorized agent of ChicaLogic Inc. such as web hosting companies, customer care service providers, and transaction processing service providers, unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection.
- How does ChicaLogic Inc. use the information it collects?Any personal information you provide to ChicaLogic Inc. at any of the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites is maintained and accessible only by ChicaLogic Inc. and its authorized agents and business partners, unless specifically stated otherwise. ChicaLogic Inc. may request information from its users so that users can enjoy customized experiences across ChicaLogic LLC Websites, including personalized services, interactive communications, discussion groups, and many other types of content and services. Most of these Products and Services are free to you. In order to provide great content and services free of charge, ChicaLogic Inc. may display advertisements.The following are examples of how ChicaLogic Inc. may use the information it collects:ChicaLogic Inc. may provide you with technical support, updates to Products and Services, and upgrades to newer products as they become available.ChicaLogic Inc. may offer its users the ability to personalize content such as news, local resources, links to other websites, and more.ChicaLogic Inc. occasionally sponsors sweepstakes, contests and promotions. If you request, we may use contact data from our promotions to send you information we think you will find useful, such as information about new products or promotions. When we email you, we will always provide instructions explaining how to unsubscribe, so you will not receive our emails in the future.To process your order on our online store(s), we require name, billing address, phone number, email address, shipping address and credit card information. We use this information to process your order and, if any questions arise, to contact you about your order. In general, we will try to contact you first by email and only if that fails, or if time is critical, will we try to contact you by phone.
ChicaLogic Inc. may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, ChicaLogic Inc. may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities. If you are a member of the military, you should not register any personally identifiable information at the ChicaLogic Inc. websites in the eventuality that it may be subpoenaed. ChicaLogic Inc. sometimes uses an individual registered user’s data to ”pre-populate” forms that are displayed when that user has logged in for the purpose of collecting individual data by ChicaLogic Inc. and/or its advertisers and sponsors.
ChicaLogic Inc. may use the aggregate data collected to inform our sponsors, advertisers and other third parties as to numbers of people who have certain demographic characteristics and the number of those people who have seen and ”clicked” on specific pages or advertisement(s). We may also disclose to such third-parties the overall demographics available regarding who saw and ”clicked” on advertisements.
In the event ChicaLogic Inc. sells assets (or the assets of a division or subsidiary) to another entity, including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy, or if ChicaLogic Inc. (or a division or subsidiary) is acquired by, or merged with, another entity, ChicaLogic Inc. may provide to such entity customer and visitor information (both aggregate and personally identifiable) that is related to that part of the business that was sold to or merged with the other entity.
ChicaLogic Inc. may send you email or otherwise contact you about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you, including, without limitation notification of sales, coupons, newsletters and other communications. Registering your product indicates that you have informed us of your interest, and we will contact you after registration unless you specify that you do not wish to receive such contact by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org . For those who elect to receive such materials from ChicaLogic Inc. or third parties, and who indicate that they do in their profile, ChicaLogic Inc will release personally identifiable information. Information released may include your name, email address and other information supplied in the ChicaLogic Inc. registration process, and only when you specifically grant us that right. You may opt-out of any ChicaLogic Inc. communications at any time. ChicaLogic Inc also uses aggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our registered users and visitors, to measure user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites, and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. Without such data, we would not know what the most popular areas of the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites are, and we would not be able to change and update the content and services appropriately.
ChicaLogic Inc. may, from time to time, use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements to ChicaLogic Inc. Products and Services.
- What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?ChicaLogic Inc. has security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data under our control. We have implemented rules and procedures designed to limit access to the information you provide us. Despite the steps we take to ensure the protection of your information, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur. To better protect you, we encrypt particularly sensitive information, such as credit card numbers collected for a commerce transaction (donation) on the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites, prior to transmission. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure, ChicaLogic Inc will do everything commercially reasonable to limit and remedy the disclosure, but ChicaLogic Inc. accepts no liability for any unintentional disclosure. In addition, in the unlikely event that any government or private individual seeks information, ChicaLogic Inc. will not voluntarily provide the information, but will obey any court order requiring disclosure.You are responsible for the security of your ChicaLogic Inc. ID and password. Please take care when using and storing them. ChicaLogic Inc. recommends that you do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
- ChicaLogic LLC notice regarding the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998 provides safeguards to protect children who use the Internet by regulating the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. ChicaLogic Inc. does not sell Products or Services for purchase by children, and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites only in conjunction with your parents or guardians. ChicaLogic Inc. and the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites do not target children as an audience or a market, and ChicaLogic Inc. does not collect information about the age of its web site users. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child we will make all reasonable efforts to delete that data from our records.
- Updating your personal information and privacy preferences.Upon your request, we will deactivate your ChicaLogic Inc. ID, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from our active databases to prevent your information from being shared with other users. To make this request, please email email@example.com . Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your ChicaLogic Inc. ID activity and in accordance with our deactivation policies and procedures and applicable law.We will make our best effort to remove your information from our active communication files upon request. Please note, however, that we will retain certain information in order to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce the policies, procedures and agreements set forth on the ChicaLogic Inc. Websites.
- Inquiries and Complaints.If you have any concern about privacy at ChicaLogic Inc., please send us a thorough description of your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address above, and we will try to resolve it.